First of all: What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which refers to the act of using popularity, keywords and key phrases in your content in order to make your site and profiles appear higher on the results list when searched through a web browser, such as Google or Bing. This is very important considering that a website is much more likely to be selected based on how highly it ranks on the results list.
As a small, new or local business, it tends to be difficult to draw attention to yourself. The key goal of SEO is to help customers find you, rather than chasing after them yourself. This can be accomplished in many ways, including, but not limited to:
- · Researching and including key words and phrases in your content
- · Building and maintaining social media accounts
- · Using real world networking events to build a following
- · Offering online deals
- · Purchasing Google Adwords
- · Site monitoring though services like Google Analytics
- · Selling live video aid online through services like Google Helpouts
- · Etc.
How do those things help you?
- · By getting your name out there and raising brand awareness
- · By publishing material you control to an audience that has already expressed their interest
- · By increasing the popularity of your website and profiles through the popularity of other mediums
- · By providing new means with which to utilize both free and paid advertising
- · Etc.
Leave a comment below to let us know what you’ll be look for regarding social media in future posts.
Share and like this post: